I am very excited to be part of the Hyundai Drive Squad, and will be bringing the inside scoop to some of Hyundai’s amazing initiatives, vehicle tips and tricks for the road, giveaways and more. Hyundai came to Canada in 1983 where it set-up its first overseas subsidiary, a mere 16 years after Hyundai Motor Company was founded in Korea and three years before it entered the U.S.
Hyundai is Canada’s sixth-largest auto company, as measured by new vehicle sales, and there are over 1-million Hyundai vehicles on the road today. Hyundai now consistently ranks among the industry's top performing automakers in product quality, proven by award after award. Hyundai’s roster includes subcompacts, compacts, midsize sedans, sports coupes, SUVs, crossover vehicles, and premium sedans. Hyundai vehicles are sold and serviced through more than 210 dealerships nationwide.
As part of the squad, this month I will be sharing a list of helpful tips for car spring cleaning to get our vehicles cleaned up and ready for the warm weather ahead.
1) After a long winter, the car’s carpets are likely to have white stains from road salt. Remove them by using water mixed with white vinegar and scrub the tough stains with an old rag or brush.
2) Wax every season: Each winter season, the car’s paint colour is dulled by the elements and picks up scratches, so keep it looking clean and new with a liquid spray wax.
3) Vacuum all the dirt and dust in the small corners of the vehicle. Remember to put the seats down and get between the cracks. Don't forget the cup holders throughout the vehicle :)
4) Never use dish soap to clean your vehicle, as it will dull and scratch the protective clear coat off the car. Try using Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner.
5) Get rid of that reddish, brown coloured powder on the wheels caused by normal brake wear. Wipe down the wheels with a cleaning solution safe for alloy wheels (available at any hardware store) and address those hard-to-reach places in between the wheel’s spokes with a scrub brush or rag.
6) Be sure to empty out the trunk and back seats of all the winter build up. Removing unnecessary weight improves fuel efficiency and your car’s handling.
7) Cars need a ‘medical’ check-up, too! Every spring, it is a good idea to take your vehicle for a quick under-the-hood inspection and get an oil change, filter replacement and tire rotation.
8) After you are finished cleaning your car, add your favourite smelling air freshener to keep your car smelling clean and fresh all spring and summer!
To kick start your vehicle spring cleaning, win this spring cleaning kit for your car (value over $50)
• Scrub brushes
• Turtle Wax ICE Synthetic Spray Wax
• Meguiar’s Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner
• Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash
• Air Fresheners
Giveaway is open to everyone in Canada until May 5th. Please leave comments and follow my social media links to be eligible to win. Update: The winner is Ivy
a Rafflecopter giveaway
All rights reserved on photographs and written content Createwithmom © 2011 - 2014. Please Ask First