Disclosure: This post is sponsored by First Alert. Please note that all opinions and thoughts expressed are my own. All rights reserved on photographs and written content Createwithmom © 2010 - 2018. Please Ask First
Consider this dangerous, but common scenario - a homeowner deactivates a sounding smoke or carbon monoxide (CO) alarm and leaves the device disabled, opening up the entire household to a high-risk potential for undetected hazards. According to the Canadian National Fire Information Database, 80 per cent of fire deaths occur in homes without working smoke alarms, often due to missing alarm batteries or expired alarms. This is why, we partnered with First Alert to remind ourselves the importance of Carbon Monoxide and Smoke alarms.