Disney' Oz the Great and Powerful was lots of fun to watch on blu-ray with the whole family. This epic adventure with vibrant picture and sound is really entertaining. We liked the funny dialogue and the word play in the movie, which was refreshing and fun to watch.
The movie is about Oscar Diggs, a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz. He thinks he hit the jackpot, until he meets the three witches: Theodora, Evanora and Glinda who are not convinced that he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting.Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar finds out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity and even a bit of wizardry, Oscar transforms himself not only into a great wizard but into a better man as well.
My children enjoy playing the “Temple Run” Game, so they were happy to see the new release of the Temple Run: Oz that introduces China Girl as an all-new character to the exhilarating running experience. The tiny China Girl might be small in size but she is packed with speed and a big attitude. Players will be able to run through all three stunning environments including the latest release Winkie Country and be able to use the “Head Start” feature to fast travel to any location.
Fun printable activities
I really liked watching the impressive bonus feature "My Journey In Oz By James Franco," which is a personal chronicle of James Franco who produced and directed. In this feature he interviews director Sam Raimi and his co-stars Zach Braff, Michelle Williams and Mila Kunis.
The other bonus features on the Blu-ray are
- The Magic of “Oz The Great and Powerful” Second Screen Experience that details all things Oz. From an interactive map full of secrets and surprises, to an inside look at the spectacular world of Oz. All fans need to do is download the special free “The Magic of Oz The Great and Powerful: Second Screen” App.
- The Enchanting Characters and Creatures of Oz from Munchkins and Tinkers to good witches, bad witches, and flying baboons. This piece follows each character and creature of the Land of Oz from inspiration to final outcome.
- The Sounds of Magical Oz adds fragility to the sounds of China Girl's footsteps, ferocity to the tornado, and weight to the flutter of Finley's flapping wings.
- Sleight of Hand: Zach Braff Puppet Theater introduces viewers to the Finley mockup.
- Mariah Carey Music Video
- Mr. Elfman’s Musical Concoctions, which is an interview with composer Danny Elfman that unveils his inspiration in scoring “Oz The Great And Powerful.”
- China Girl and the Suspension of Disbelief feature uncloaks the several forms of movie magic employed to bring China Girl to life, from the initial artwork and character design, to the on-set puppeteering during filmmaking, and finally, through each stage of the visual-effects process; and includes an interview with Joey King, the voice of China Girl.
- In the feature Before Your Very Eyes: From Kansas to Oz Production designer Robert Stromberg takes viewers through the set design of the Land of Oz, from sketching his original ideas on a napkin, through to the final set pieces and the accompanying visual effects.
- Mila’s Metamorphosis is the features the makeup design and effects.
- Walt Disney and the Road to Oz tells us Walt Disney's childhood fascination with the Land of Oz from the stories in the classic Baum books.
The costumes on the movie were vibrant, unique and interesting. Designers Gary Jones and Michael Kutsche has designed and assembled nearly 2,000 costumes for all sorts of characters from Witches to Munchkins to Quadlings and Tinkers.
All rights reserved on the written content Createwithmom © 2011 - 2013. Please Ask First