Loblaws is the destination to purchase award-winning Canadian cheese, including more than 15 of the Canadian Cheese Awards Champion and Finalist cheeses like the following:
- Cheese of the Year Avonlea Clothbound Cheddar, which also took home Best Aged Cheddar (aged more than 18 months) and Best B.C. Cheese
- Best Fresh Pasta Filata, President’s Choice® Formaggio di Bufala
- Best Feta/Cheese in Brine, President’s Choice® Feta Light
- Best Firm Cheese with Holes, Oka l'Artisan
- Best Old Cheddar (aged from 9 to 18 months) and Best Goat Cheese, Lindsay Bandaged Goat Cheddar
The Canadian Cheese Awards is the only cheese competition in Canada open to all milks used in cheese making from cow, goat, sheep and water buffalo with only pure natural cheese accepted for judging.
Loblaws is celebrating the incredible Canadian cheese featured at the Annual Canadian Cheese Awards by sharing them with Ontario's biggest cheese lovers. There are lots of recipes on their site such as this Pizza with Lamb Za'atar in which we can incorporate cheese and make tasty meals.
Here are a few ideas from Loblaws on how we can pair cheese with bread or crackers, fruit, condiments, pickled or sweets.
- Aged Cheddar goes well with Baguette, Apples, grapes and pears, Apple walnut or caramelized onion compote, English mustard, Gherkins or pickled onions, Fig and orange spread.
- Chevre goes well with Nut or fruit-flavoured bread or crackers, Apples, berries or grapefruit, Caramelized onion compote, Olives and capers, Lavender honey.
- Ricotta goes well with Nut or fruit-flavoured crackers or bread, Berries, Pepper jellies, Olives and capers, and Fruit jam
- Surface Ripened goes well with Nut or fruit-flavoured crackers or bread, Apples or berries, Cherry and almond compote or plum spread, Gherkins, Chestnut honey
- Washed Rind (such as Oka) goes well with Baguette or whole grain, Apples, pears or berries, Red Chile or Jalapeño Delights, Gherkins or pickled onions, Honeydew honey
- Firm goes well with Whole grain or rye peaches, pears, Brined, vegetables, Chili honey
- Blue goes well with Sourdough, nut or fruit-flavoured bread or crackers, Figs and pears, Apple walnut compote, Fig and orange spread.
I am glad to partner with Loblaws to bring this giveaway valued at $50, which includes the following. This giveaway is open to a person in Canada until May 30th. Please follow my social media networks and leave comments to be eligible to win.
- A selection of Canadian Champion + International Cheeses
- PC Black Label Artisan Crisps
- PC Black Label Fruit Spreads, Jellies, and Preserves
- Section of nuts and dried fruit
Update: The winner is Cheryl
All rights reserved on the photographs and opinion of the written content Createwithmom © 2010 - 2016. Please Ask First Disclosure: Ideas and image from Loblaws.