When I speak with my friends who are parents that have young children, some say that they feel like they are running out of ideas to make playtime fun. In my opinion and practice with my own children, I believe for children to have fun and play it doesn't need to cost a lot of money or require tech gadgets. All we have to do is provide our children with good quality toys that encourages development such as building blocks, a clean safe space, and spend time interacting and playing with them.
Recognizing this importance of play for children's development, MEGA BLOKS has a new line of construction toys that promote social, physical, emotional, cognitive, and language and communication skills. Turning to electronic devices or giving children "screen time," as their primary mode of playtime can harm children's development. Research and early childhood studies have proven that when children build with their hands, they are also building their minds and imagination, which is key to early learning.
In partnership with parenting expert, Alyson Schafer, Mega Blocks has created an Early Childhood Education Toolkit that includes easy hints and tips for parents to get the most out of playtime. Alyson Schafer says, "Children are experiential learners and need to interact in real time, with the real world to develop properly. Free play is the natural way our brains are meant to grow and that's why MEGA BLOKS construction toys are so beneficial to a child's development. A simple task like stacking MEGA BLOKS teaches children how to widen the base to support a taller stack, the feeling of teetering and stability, persistence and patience in building, while receiving social encouragement."
A set like this Big Building Bag sold for $20 sold at all major Canadian retailers including: Toys R Us, Walmart, Sears, Real Canadian Super Stores and Amazon.ca offers amazing play value and endures hours of fun. The bright coloured blocks encourage hands-on exploration as children imagine and create. These unique blocks are big and easy for little fingers to assemble. When playtime is over, we can return the blocks to their eco-friendly bag and stash them in the toy box until the next adventure.
The Power of Play Top 5 Tips for Parents to Maximize Playtime
- Children Thrive On Routine And Predictability: Practice patience with your child by creating a set playtime and sticking with it.
- Create Independent Playtime Too: Help them come up with a few ideas of what they'd like to play with, and help get them set up, in order to balance "parental playtime" and "independent playtime."
- Round Out Your Activities: Come up with fun ideas for activities, in a range of developmental areas.
- Make Good Organized Play Space: Kids need a place to play and it should be equipped with basic items, and without parental worry of noise, spills and property damage. If you have more toys out and active than your child can clean up in five minutes, you have too much.
- Let the Child Lead: When you join your child in play, let them lead the play this is their time to explore and learn through mistakes.
If you are in Canada and would like to win a MEGA BLOKS Big Building Bag then enter the giveaway through the rafflecopter below before December 18. Please leave comments and follow my social media networks to be eligible to win.
Update: The winner is Maryanne
All rights reserved on photographs and written content Createwithmom © 2011 - 2015. Please Ask First