Saturday, March 1, 2014

Hair Care Management and Treatment

Although head lice are a common problem in families with school-aged children a new national survey conducted in the US by Harris Poll on behalf of Sanofi Pasteur from Aug 28 to Sep 11, 2013 on 2000 moms aged 25 and older reveals that 60% of moms, including 85% of those who have experienced head lice in their household as an adult still appear to be confused when it comes to common myths about head lice.

Most moms about 88% believe that to get rid of an infestation that nits have to be combed out and more than half think that all head lice treatments require multiple applications. Yet, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises that the removal of all nits after successful treatment is not necessary and there are numerous treatment options with a range of application directions and safety profiles. 

The surveyed moms define the ideal head lice treatment as one that works quickly (78%), is safe (76%) and is easy to use (74%). While 67% of the moms are aware of prescription treatments and 80% are aware of over-the-counter treatments, around seven in ten (71%) recognize that not all head lice treatments work the same. 


32% of moms who used an over-the-counter treatment said the infestation was eliminated with just one treatment, and the remainder (68%) said they used two or more applications to treat the infestation or report the treatment did not resolve the infestation. 


For moms who went to a doctor, nurse or other health care professional first for treatment advice said the advice they received was helpful in giving them the information they needed to treat the infestation. The survey moms admitted to feeling frustrated, stressed and disgusted the last time a member of their household had lice. Nearly all moms who have experienced head lice in their household think that if one person in a household has head lice, the entire house should be cleaned and fumigated; however, CDC guidelines advise only a routine house cleaning and laundering of linens/clothing used by the infested person and the use of insecticide sprays or fogs is not recommended. Some experts recommend that items worn or used by the infested person, including hats, scarves, pillow cases, bedding, clothing and towels, in the two-day period just before treatment is started can be machine washed and dried using hot water and hot air. Items that maybe contaminated by an infested person and cannot be laundered should be sealed in a plastic bag and stored for two weeks. More information about the subject can be found on this site.

This is a sponsored post. All rights reserved on the opinion of the written content Createwithmom © 2011 - 2014. Please Ask First

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...