My children enjoyed watching EPIC when they were flying to Asia this week and excited that the Blu-ray and DVD will be out on August 20th.
Soon our children will be heading back to school and will be excited to see their friends and experience new things. The new school year is a new beginning filled with new teachers, experiences, and lessons. We can start off in the right direction by being environmentally friendly in our preparations for this school year.
1. Before heading to the store in search of supplies, take inventory of what items are left over from last year that can still be used this time around. Shopping for school can be exciting with all of the bright, fun items. Try to make sure you aren’t forgetting what you came for and don’t buy any unnecessary products that will go to waste.
2. When you have reduced your list of school supplies to the necessities, ensure that you think about what you buy. Look for pens and pencils that can be refilled or supplies that are made from recycled product. Read the labels and make smart decisions to help preserve the magic of Moonhaven.
3. There are so many ways to decrease the pollutants created by getting to and from school each day. If there is a bussing system use it :). For older kids who live close to school, walking or biking each day not only provides them with exercise, but also completely eliminates any pollution from cars.
4. The Leafmen made their own clothes and armor from natural products to help protect the environment. You can also make a difference with your clothes by arranging a clothing swap party with some of your kids’ friends. Everyone will walk away with new clothes and a happy conscience when they realize they are helping the environment.
5. The end of the day can be quite hectic as you run around dropping kids off at various after school activities. Save your sanity and the earth by setting up a carpool schedule with other parents. Bonus: your kids will love the extra time with their friends.
6. When packing lunch for your little ones, keep the residents of Moonhaven on your mind. Invest in reusable water bottles, lunch boxes, and food containers. The kids will probably have tons of fun picking out lunch supplies with fun patterns and themes. Buying these products will also conserve tons of unnecessary waste.
7. The packaging isn’t the only part of lunch you can change to become more green. Send healthy, eco-friendly snacks and lunches with your little ones each day. Things like local, organic fruits and veggies are a great addition to your kids’ lunch.
8. In Epic, Queen Tara wears a gorgeous dress made from flower petals and leaves! You can get creative like her by changing the style of your backpack. Instead of purchasing a new bag every year, have a craft day and let your kids change up their bag with patches, paint, or other supplies.
9. Find out if your school already has a recycling program in place. If they don’t, take a stand and help set one up for each classroom. If recycling is already part of the plan, then participate.
10. Consider buying used books online or in local bookstores. This will benefit all students from grade school through college, when textbooks get extra expensive.
Stay tuned for the upcoming giveaway of EPIC for everyone in US and Canada :)
All rights reserved on photographs and written content Createwithmom © 2011 - 2013. Please Ask First